Friday, December 10, 2010

SLAYER, New Order, Helmet





On black friday a few weeks ago there was another record store day event. This time I went to this store in Burbank and picked up the Slayer -- World Painted Blood single for 5.99. The bside on this record is Atrocity Vendor. I think there are 3000 of these singles pressed but dont quote me. At the same record store I also picked up New Order Blue Monday single for 1.99. Its in a shape of a floppy disk. In the biographical film of Factory Records "24 Hour Party People", Tony Wilson explains how they lost 2 bucks on every one of the record they had pressed due to the packaging.
Also I had no idea Helmet was still releasing records after Aftertaste. This one is called Monochrome on Cargo records. Its not horrible but it is also not great. The last time I saw Helmet play was opening for Faith No More at the Boathouse in Va Beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment