Wednesday, March 16, 2011

13 new well old eps!





Ok I just got a slew of records from a person who selling stuff off of the live wire board. It ranges from as it stands to eye for an eye to groove to the living on the edge comp. each one around 3 to 4 bucks. Allot of it some might consider junk but I personally think they are some of the lost bands from the 90’s. When the Groove eps came out allot of my friends were huge fans. To this day my friend Martin in Argentina and I still talk about how great this record is. Allot of this stuff was really ahead of its time. The as it stands ep is still to me one of the hardest eps ever and the lyrics were always over the top. This band blows most of the stuff that is out today. The singer of As it stands is also the same singer from the va Group Mayday. Yep the band that did the split with Integrity and completely annihilated them. Also in the stack of records was Channel (Nate from converge / Jesuit / doom riders) second ep. I still like their live demo and first 7 inch more but its is interesting that a band was actually trying to progress. The first Channel ep was on Jamie hate breed’s label Stillborn.
Another ep was Point Of View a band who must’ve opened up every mouthpiece show in jersey and in philly. My buddy and pro skateboarder Vern Laird was their second singer. He didn’t sing on there ep but he did do a demo which I am still on the hunt for. Great ep.
Also in the pile was the Awake ep which smorgasbord just released the discography out on ITunes now. To round it up was some west coast bands game face and point blank.

No comments:

Post a Comment