Wednesday, March 16, 2011

rival schools -- pedals




Rival Schools is back with their second lp entitled Pedals. There was an unreleased second lp after United by Fate and it was forgettable. I can see why it was shelved. This lp is actually really catchy and is on more of the melodic tip as United By Fate. I like it way more than his Strokes inspired project Walking Concert. Ring it out is the first track and its super catchy. I hope Rival Schools get its just due because right now a band like them needs to exist in today’s modern music. I can’t tell if I am just getting to old or if music in general is just so awful I cringe when I turn on the radio. They will be playing in LA a week after the Sheer Terror shows so I am pretty excited to see them. The last time I saw Rival School was at the Echo in 2008. Walter was great on stage and was asking if anybody had any extra copies of SLIP on vinyl. They covered the Smith’s cover that Quicksand did a cover of How Soon is Now? The preorder I did came with 3 lps a cd t shirt and a zip up hoodie. I paid 100, bucks it came on time that’s all I care about. Each picture disc is limited to 500 copies and the lp is limited to 2000 copies. I am going to see if I can get the band to autograph the cd when they play in town. Also as a bonus came a silk screen poster that is autographed by the entire band. Pretty cool. Does anyone know if any Distributor in the us is going to get the walking concert lp on vinyl?

No comments:

Post a Comment