Friday, June 24, 2011

SKA SKA SKA







TWO TONE
In high school I used to hang out with a girl name Angela Mitchell. She hung with a few girls that were on the borderline of skin, Goth and punk. Every high school usually has that same group of weird alternative girls. You know the ones who wore Docs or monkey boots. Well Angela and her friends were really heavily into SKA. I think we saw the toasters, Bad Manners, Murphy’s Law and the Mighty Mighty Bosstones a handful of times. Even one of our friends started a band called the Pie tasters. So for nostalgic reasons I started picking up some Ska lps for super cheap.
I bought this Selectors lp on eBay for 9.99. I picked up the Madness lp in DC for 4 bucks and a Specials record at a local store near me for 9 bucks. I also picked up the English Beat lp at Amoeba during Peter Murphy’s live in store appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment