Saturday, June 11, 2011

Touché Amore – Parting the Seas between Brightness and Me


Touché Amore – Parting the Seas between Brightness and Me

Touché Amore is a band from the valley of Los Angeles. The members are a motley ensemble of dudes which actually works in their favor. They don’t seem to be up in the latest trends ie covered in tattoos, wearing bobby cupcakes street wear, Nike doinks.
In fact they remind me something out of the positive force scene in Washington DC. I felt like these were the kids that used to go to all of the Wilson Center shows. The ones you see at the local record shops that are buying the Holy Rollers and Slant 6 albums instead of picking up the Cro Mags lps. They are right now the alternative in hardcore and punk music.
The fact is this band is incredible live. Not since American Nightmare have I seen kids lose their shit. They hang on to every word their singer Jeremy Bolm is saying. And I use the word singing loosely, in fact he is screaming. His voice is cracking and in some parts it sounds like he is going horsed. They had a previous lp on 6131 records which I think is now out of print. Their new lp is entitled Parting The Sea Between Brightness And Me. This was released this week on Deathwish Inc. I picked up the clear version from their record release show in Burbank Ca at a record store called Back side. This new record destroys their last one. The production on it is top notch. The layout on it reminds me of mid 90’s Jade tree lps. In fact their guitarist Nick did the layout. He also does layouts for huge artists like Britanny Spears etc. There is a deluxe version but those still haven’t been shipped out yet. I also got my preorders in the mail today as well. The production on it is top notch. If you want to hear the opposite of what’s going on in hardcore today then I suggest picking this up. Below is the record release show which I filmed, enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment