Monday, May 3, 2010

JUNKYARD




JUNKYARD -- S/T. Junkyard was a bad rock band formed in 1987 in Los Angeles, with members formerly in Big Boys, Minor Threat, The Necros, and Dag Nasty. I guess in all of the heavy metal madness of the 80's, major labels were signing anybody that had long hair and ballads. I picked up this record along with the Mindfunk lp (Pat Dubar's attempt @ grunge) because 1. I needed a good laugh or 2. I wanted to punish my ears. Even after all these years this record still sounds like dog shit. Looking at the back pics of Brian Baker trying to have "metal" hair is still mind boggling to me. This is probably the only time you will ever see members of Minor Threat and Dag Nasty being thanked in a glam metal album. In wikipedia it says they are still playing shows? HA! -- TP

1 comment:

  1. shout out to Randy Ellis (famed booker of City Gardens) in there too.

    ReplyDelete