Monday, September 6, 2010

HOOVER SLANT 6 AND IGNITION

Dischord is doing the right thing and reissuing everything remastered and on color vinyl. They are also doing limited runs on certain items. The Ignition LP is on 180 gram vinyl and is limited to 300. I have never seen Ignition or The Faith live while growing up in DC. I have seen Alec Mackaye drunk at the Black Cat and The Warmers. I think his performance as a booze head was much more interesting then the Warmers live appearance.



The first time I witnessed Slant 6 was when they opened up for Fugazi and Hoover at the UMD college when I was in high school. I also ran into the singer at a party near U street where she came up to me and started making out with me. Seriously no shit, dont believe me as Jim Siege or was it Fat Rich. So of course I am a fan. This is also the catalyst for the reason I am always attracted to fucked up women.

I saw Hoover open up for Fugazi and this might be the first time I actually going to be listening to them. I do remember that me and my good buddy Gabe V and Ron Tipa took the metro to see that show @ UMD. The singer had a huge beard and we thought he looked like Fidel Castro. I think the reissue is limited to 500 and is on green vinyl. All releases come with download codes as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment