Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Infamous I HATE YOU LP ON DEAD BY 23 Records







Im typing this entry as I am watching the independent film on Netflix call "I NEED THAT RECORD". Check it out its pretty good. It talks about the death of the independent record store.
Dead by 23 was a fanzine that was done by the late Sean Mccabe of Ink and Dagger / Crud is a Cult etc. Robby Redcheeks started a record label and named it after the zine. Dead by 23 was the starting point for bands like This is Hell, Cold Word and Down To Nothing. This entry is for the infamous I HATE YOU discography lp. Im not going to get into the politics of the preorders. On the last POSI FEST 2005 Robby was selling the 40 lps that were not available for preorder. I actually bought my copy from Mike Rotting Out 3 years ago. The cover is silk screened with glow in the dark ink. I think there are only 125 pressed total of the lps.
When Robby and Ink and Dagger came out this past weekend, He gave me a copy of a swirl lp out of 10 and a test pressing of the lp. I was pretty stoked, stupidly I didnt know that all of the I HATE YOU songs were written about my buddy Chris. Maybe I just forgot ha! Annoyed Chris told me to get rid of those records or he would break them in half.
After a party in LA saturday night, Robby took pics of Chris past out on my couch with the records. He didnt know that these were taken. Chris T is an awesome dude and I HATE YOU was an awesome band. You can still get their discography from Deathwish Records.


No comments:

Post a Comment