Thursday, February 17, 2011

ROT IN HELL -- AS PEARLS BEFORE SWINE








ROT IN HELL -- AS PEARLS BEFORE SWINE.
I am real skeptical when it comes to Holy Terror bands. They usually suck, and are Integrity clones. I can only take so much of the devil imagery and the wannabe Dwid style vocals. I never heard of Rot In Hell, till my friends and former label partners (Linas Garsys and Mark Anthony) from back home on the east coast told me about their live show. Rot In Hell played the A389 record's showcase in Baltimore with Integrity and a ton of other bands. Linas told me that he had purchased a limited Rot In Hell package which was a Ski Mask packed with records plus other items. (I wish he picked me up one.) He also told me that they were pretty incredible live and I should check them out. When I ordered the SQRM record from Deathwish I decided to pick up their latest LP. Linas and Mark were right, this record is fucking brutal and I think its actually better then the latest Integrity record. It reminds me of older Cleveland bands like Face Value and Integrity, but if Human Furnace from Ringworm was doing vocals. As usual Deathwish spared no expense on this layout. Gatefold and color vinyl with a download code. This would also be in my top 5 of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment