Saturday, June 12, 2010

sportswear, absolution and the abused





Brian Jordan was selling off the rest of his record collection and I picked up these 3 records. The first is the Sportswear lp on Supersoul and Goodlife. As weird as this sounds this lp is pretty hard to find. Yes they sound exactly like BOLD. But to me that is actually a good thing. I remember running into these guys in NYC when they were recording this lp.
The second is the Abused ep, which for some reason I thought was a bootleg but I am not sure. It is not the loud and clear ep which for some reason I didnt buy it when I was in Japan a few summers ago. I am still kicking myself for that one.
The third lp is the Absolution Discography lp on purple vinyl. I remember when this came out and I bought this on CD. I was pretty excited cause I didnt have a digital copy of Never ending game from the New Breed Comp. I was bummed when there was only a live version of one of the greatest NYHC songs of all time. Actually the sound quality is pretty flat on this and its mostly live songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment