Thursday, October 28, 2010

La Dispute – Somewhere at the Bottom





La Dispute – Somewhere at the Bottom

I can’t believe im going to say this. This double LP is awesome. I witnessed them last week as they were on tour with Touché Amore and Envy. This sounds like a cross between Rites of Spring meets Saves the Day meets Helmet. Seriously if you listen to the song Damage Goods it sounds like the music is off of Meantime. The vocals are screechy and broken ala Touché Amore meets Peter Brady from the Brady Bunch. When they played the Chain Reaction last week it was insanity. In fact Touché and Envy did awesome as well. I saw the same show in San Diego at a 21 and up bar and instead of 400 kids singing along there was 8 ha. My friend Natalie had extra tickets.But if you like emo and rock this is a great record on No Sleep records. I’m sure this guy made tons of money on this release. Keep in mind I hate all new releases and I have caught my self bobbing my head up and down to this. In fact I bought one of their shirts with a huge flower on it. Thinking about it I don’t think ill ever wear it. The stand out track is last blues for bloody knuckles. Dude sounds like he is about to write in his online journal and kill himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment