Tuesday, October 12, 2010

the week of the extended play



Injustice System split w/ bloodtype
My current favorite band from Florida is Injustice System. I wear their shirt all the time when I go hiking on Runyon Canyon. I ran into Ben Stiller (seriously) and he looked at me and said “great shirt!” I almost wanted to thank Gaylord Falker but I just smiled. Well this is another release on Injustice Systems own label and this time they do a split with bloodtype
More of the same old school sounding hardcore and Injustice System does it perfectly.
I think there are only 300 copies of this split floating around. The artwork is done by Jay Jacoby. Older dudes do not sleep on this band! You will not be disappointed.



Secret People – EP
From the ashes of Right On and Allegiance comes Secret People. For a debut ep it is awesome. This is fast hardcore ala old school punk hardcore. Fans of early punk take notice. I know they have played a few shows in the bay area recently. I hope that someone is smart enough to pick them up or at least book them down here in LA. The music is refreshing and doesn’t follow the current trend of sounding like a NYHC band from the early 90’s.
The bay area has been a breeding ground of great bands recently. The record comes with a download code and is on 2 colors.




Obliteration ep

There is only 100 of these pressed, another band with DFJ and I think Westbrook from knife fight plays on this. Brutality describes this ep. I never heard of them and I got this through the suggestion of the guys that run TEETILLDEATH.com and Vinylnoize.com. I bid 6 bucks on it and won.




Free Spirit

Free Spirit has members of Rival Mob in it. It sounds a bit like Rival Mob meets Straight Ahead. Triple B Records released this and it is another hit on their label for this year. As usual it is on several colors and comes with a download code. It also a split release with Lockin Out records.



The First Step – west coast tour ep /100

Furn got this at Amoeba for a whopping dollar. He traded it to me for Over My Dead Body lps. This is TFS demo pressed onto wax when they were on their first tour on the west coast. I missed these dudes as we always had a good time when I went out with them. I think Klint and I probably annoyed them (GB reunion and Chicago Fest) but they were always easily amused. I know the singer now resides in somewhere in DC. Aaron is living at a temple training to become a monk. Aram runs React Records and resides in the NW. I see Greg Bacon from time to time at various shows and events. The dude just recovered from a massive bloodclot which was caught in time. I asked klint whatever happened to Chris Neils aka DUMP. He said he is playing in the woods with his bongos and smoking weed. I still love that dude hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment