Saturday, November 20, 2010

danzig deth red sabaoth



Danzig

The last time I saw Danzig perform was last year with Suicidal Tendencies, Pennywise and TSOL for 10 bucks at the Long Beach Arena. As soon as I walked in, someone dumped a beer on me from the balcony. As you can figure it was a typical “BRO” crowd. A bro is someone who lives on the outskirts of LA, usually wears puffy skate shoes, flat brim hat, dickie shorts and socks pulled up to their knees. They usually have allot of tattoos and face piercings, I would say on the social scale they are below a juggalo but a lil bit higher above a Goth. Danzig was great that night played allot of hits from the first 4 albums and some stuff off the later ones. I have never seen Danzig play anything off of the fifth album. His new album isn’t horrible like the last few its actually comparable more to 4 then anything else. I picked up the lp @ Vacation Vinyl in Silver lake. Great store that is run by some of the dudes from Hydra Head. The guy who runs the store is really cool and sometimes they host shows there. I have seen Nails and Black Breath perform there. If you like metal, hc and punk make sure to go their. If you're a Hydra Head collector you’re going to be in heaven because they have allot of it there on the walls. Now back to the Danzig record is my only complaint is that the record isn’t on color and there isn’t any lyric sheet. I don’t know if the cd has lyrics but if im going to pay 10 bucks more for the vinyl version at least try to make it worth it. I suggest buying this record because it’s ok to listen to and like all of his past records it will go out of print.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely a good album. I'm not sure where I rank it, probably #6 cause I like 777 a bunch. But it's worthy of a purchase I think.

    Also you think these BRO dudes are below a juggalo? But they're at a Danzig concert. That's gotta count for something.

    ReplyDelete