Sunday, November 14, 2010

picked up some records @ AMOEBA hollywood.

Vision – In the blink of an eye



I found this LP on black for 10 dollars at Amoeba last night. This is the original pressing on Nemesis Records. I have this on color as well as the repress that came out a few years ago. So why not buy the black version. I don’t think band has ever really caught on outside the garden state area. I ve seen them perform a few times in Virginia, DC, and Maryland. They always put on a good live show, tons of energy and plenty of sing along. I wish they would make it out to the west coast but I can’t ever see that happening anytime soon. My favorite track on the LP is again and again.



Texas is the Reason / the promise ring split on jade tree. I can still listen to both of these bands and not get bored. The last time I saw the promise ring perform was at the old black cat in DC with Jets to Brazil. I like them till their final major length came out and I was just disappointed with it. I heard it’s actually really good so I might need to find the download and give it another listen. I’ve seen Texas is the reason a few times. I actually was with my friend Kurt in NYC a few years back and we had tickets to go see Conan O Brian @ the NBC studios. As we were being seated I noticed that Norm Arena (guitarist of texas is the reason, shelter resurrection) was actually sitting next to us. Of course Kurt and asked him what happened to the band and he just let out a groan and was like things just didn’t work out between us. I ve met him a few times years before when he used to sell his anti matter fanzine at shows.

Canon ep on Chapter Records.


Here is some chugga chugga musc from the mid 90’s that I picked up for 50 cents. Yep still sounds as bad as it did when it came out.



Half off – shoot guns eat pussy on grey vinyl. I used to have this on red vinyl but must’ve traded this or sold it. So I picked it up again for 5 bucks. I have no idea what the pressing info is but I am a huge fan of this band. Their LP is so much better. I know this ep was more of the direction of what his later band was (haywire) but you have to give this band credit. Billy Rubin put out some incredible records and he was a great contributor to the west coast scene. I still own both the underdog and crippled youth eps.

No comments:

Post a Comment