Tuesday, November 30, 2010

siouxsie and the banshees









The first time I heard Siouxsie and the Banshees was on 99.1 WHFS. That was DC college radio for alternative music. I also saw a few of her videos on 120 Minutes on MTV with Dave Kendall. The first time I saw her live was in eleventh grade at the first Lollapallooza with Janes Addiction, Pearl Jam, NIN, Rollins and Temple of the Dog @ Lake Fairfax in VA. As you can see I am bit of a fan. There is a record store in the valley called CD exchange and they have a huge vinyl selection. Marlon picked up Soundgarden Super Unknown on blue for 35 bucks. I picked up a Banshees record for 4 dollars to add to my collection. The record is Tinderbox. The best tracks on this lp are Candyman and Cities in Dust. I actually have met Siouxsie and her husband Budgie a few times and had them autographed a few of the lps and eps. Each time I have met her she has always been super friendly and really nice. She will answer any question and will sign everything. I also picked up a limited Slayer ep and New Order Blue monday single for 2 bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment