Monday, May 24, 2010

HALF OFF -- THE TRUTH (TEST PRESS)




HALF OFF -- THE TRUTH (TEST PRESS). I first heard about Half Off when Resurrection covered their song "on your own" on some comp in the 90's. I also now know that Youth Of Today's Disengage ep is about them. Apparently there was allot of beef with both bands. Billy Rubin ran New beginning records, he also sang for Half Off. New Beginning Records put out some of the best hardcore eps, Crippled Youth, Underdog, etc.
I was at a Converge show last Monday in downtown LA. I wasn't for sure if the guys from Black Breath or Touche Amore were selling their records. I skimmed thru their small tiny collection at the merch area and immediately came upon this. I looked at it and I asked how much did they want for it, the roadie wanted 25 bucks. I took off to the ATM and came back and was super stoked.
I told my friend Dan about it. He said it was a good find but he was never too into them. He told me the drummer was a fucking prick and used to pick on him and start drama with him for no reason.
Either way I am still stoked to have this and the LP on red.
.

1 comment:

  1. It's not like this is in my top 10 records or anything (or even in the top 50), but still, a really good score for $25. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete