Friday, May 21, 2010

Raymond Pettibone limited edition print signed by Keith Morris


The day after the Circle Jerks show, Keith Morris's new band Off was playing a show in downtown LA. My friend Andrew Black was in town and asked me to meet him there. His new band on Dischord was playing the Echo later that night.
We went down there and Ray Pettibone was also having an art gallery showcase with Off playing. The place was fucking packed and it mustve been 200 degree inside. Off sounded awesome but I couldn't even see any of it. A ton of people were there and Ray Pettibone had limited edition prints of the show. I personally have no idea what Ray looks like. He had a ton of his artwork on display ranging from Black Flag, Sonic Youth to his present day stuff. It was really cool. He had prints for sale and I picked one up. I tried to find him and a few of my friends were looking, unfortunately I couldn't find him. I ran into Keith Morris and asked him if he knew where Ray Pettibone was? Keith mustve been 1. Deaf 2. stoned out of his mind 3. confused. He looks at me and grabs me on the shoulder, takes the poster and fucking signs it ha! He then handed it back to me and I was dumbfounded. (of course everyone of my friends laughed) So that big scribble on the side of it is actually Keith's signature......OOOF

No comments:

Post a Comment