Tuesday, May 4, 2010

jawbreaker -- 24 hour revenge therapy

jawbreaker -- 24 hour revenge therapy. This is actually my favorite Jawbreaker record. I saw there is a "may 4" event on facebook (dear you reference) that allot of my
friends are attending via on the web. The last time I saw Jawbreaker perform was in Philly in 1994 on the Dear You tour @ the trocadero.
The last time I saw Blake perform was actually a year or so ago when he was here with Thorns of Life in Eagle Rock. Now this where I insert my "sluttering May 4th" story. I remember walking through the door of the event (we were the first ones at the door actually) and my ex crack head of a girl friend fainted. My friend Todd T who was running the door, came over to she if she was ok. Little did I know she was oding on xanax. You see she told every one she was sxe . I found a few months later thru a detailed PUBLIC online journal she never was, weird. The girl has "daddy Issues", you know the ones that are covered in tattoos, self loathing, techno loving, eating disorder (kissing her was like kissing a public toilet, yuck...), jealous of their siblings, pathological liar, and attends burning man. Burning man,HAHAHA.... who attends this except fucking hippies and people who use DRUGS! I took her outside where she was puking her guts up and drove her home. She told me she was sick and wasnt feeling well and actually made me feel bad for her overdose.
Luckily I made in back in time to catch Thorns of Life's only LA show on tour. They played 2 shows in Long Beach the next night. They were great and now have broken up. Blake is a new band called The Forgetters. Hopefully they tour around here soon. Check them out @ http://forgetters.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. forgetters are awesome! I saw them at LIT a few months ago. They play most the Thorns Of Life songs.

    ReplyDelete