Thursday, May 19, 2011

10"s






I was in Northern Virginia to celebrate my birthday with my parents and to go to my best friend’s wedding in Richmond Va. My buddy Jason (Count Me Out) was getting married. I went back to the east coast and had a few days up in the DC area to hang out with a few friends and do some record shopping. The first 10” I bought for 3 dollars was the Charge demo. A label from overseas put there demo onto 10”s of wax. This was one of my favorite demos from the early 2000. Charge sounds exactly like Burn. Imagine Burn with Bad Brains ideology. Their demo in my opinion is my favorite release of theirs. I just don’t know what happened with them, they should’ve been one of those bands that should’ve have been huge, but things just simply never panned out for them.
I got 2 10 inches from my good friend Linas. He does artwork for Dom at a389 records and he had some extra copies and he gave them to me when I got home. One is the Pulling Teeth test press for their older release. Pulling Teeth has our old soundman Mike Riley on vocals. When we used to do shows in the dc area Mike Riley actually did sound for us. This is his latest band and unless you have been sleeping under a rock they have 5 releases out on Death wish Inc, A389, Chainsaw Safety and their latest on Fire starter. I hung out with Mike for a little bit at Jason’s wedding.
This other 10” was a limited release for a389 yearly showcase. It has Integrity, Pulling Teeth plus from prior A389 Record showcases. Very limited and are now out of print.

No comments:

Post a Comment