Sunday, May 29, 2011

No Warnings “Ill Blood”


I’ve been going to shows for the last 24 years and the one thing I have noticed is that no matter what happens in hardcore there is always going to be drama. I think it’s natural for hardcore kids to be either bullies or wimps. It’s like who can pick on the person smaller than you. Personally I could care less because fights at shows are just dumb it never solves anything and it creates a division.
Because of that drama No Warnings “Ill Blood” was spawned. When the band was around you either loved them or hated them. I actually was a huge fan because they took Madball’s place. The first time I saw No Warning was at Cbgb’s in front of a crowd of 20 people. Seeing Ben on stage and the vocals that came out of him was an eye opener. I think everyone was floored and their stage performance was so intense. Their first ep came out on Martyr and Bridge 9 rereleased the cd version. Ill blood came out on Bridge 9 and after a year it was out of print. I have the pbj version as well as the test pressing. I didn’t know Bridge 9 had a warehouse sale of a few records they had lying around. I stupidly missed out and hunting down this record became a chore for me. My friend Brad at Thick Skin needed some cash to help pay for his steroids or Botox. I paid 40 bucks for it and to me it was worth it. Until I found out them it might be reissued with their second record Suffer Survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment