Monday, May 2, 2011

The Old Firm Casuals




The Old Firm Casuals

Released on Oi the Boat records. This new band features Lars from Rancid and Casey Watson from Never Healed / Look Back and Laugh plus, I’m not going into the politics whether or not Lars is a skin head or not. I just don’t care. I know Casey is an awesome dude, In fact one of my old Agnostic Front t shirts used to belong to him. The dude is awesome when it comes to trading so I was eager to check out his new band. I loved Never Healed and Look Back and Laugh. It’s just an ep of 3 songs. It is pretty good, I wish the recording was a lil louder especially on the drums.
The first interaction I have ever had with Lars was at the safari club. I think he rolled with H2o and Crown of Thornz. This was in the mid 90’s in DC. When H20 was playing Lars just appeared out of nowhere and started skanking it up. This was when Rancid was blowing up so to see him at a small show like this was pretty crazy
To go back to the band they are playing with Sheer Terror in May so I will definitely check them out live. Is it good? Yes its better than his other bands, I’m neither a huge rancid fan nor a bastards fan. This came on limited gold vinyl which is out of 100. I also picked one up on black. So if you like Oi then yes you should pick this up. I can also see this record going out of print really soon too.
Oi the boat has another band everyone should pick up by Stamford Bridge. It has members of the Templers in it. good rock with a female singer.

No comments:

Post a Comment