Sunday, April 25, 2010

Black Flag -- Loose Nut autographed

Black Flag -- Loose Nut. I picked this record up at a great record store in Fairfax Va called Record Convergence in the early 90's for a whopping 3 bucks. Its on blue vinyl and thus not their best record, but im glad I still own it.
Henry Rollins was doing a book signing @ a Tower Records in Maryland for Get In the Van. There was a whopping 4 people who attended. One was my good buddy Nathan. I brought my Black Flag and Rollins bands records to get signed as well as my Fuck You heroes book. I had Henry signed all 4 lps and the books. I think Nathan had an SOA record to get signed. Rollins was actually stoked to sign loose nut, he told me the latter stuff was his favorite that the band did. He also told me he has never received one penny from any of the sales off the Black Flag back catalog or merch. The dude was totally cool about signing stuff and didnt once put it down or talk bad about his past bands. Ive seen the Rollins band perform a few times, it was usually hit or miss, the last time i saw them they were great. They were doing Black Flag songs and Ian Mackaye did rise above with them. Speaking of which did the west memphis 3 compilation ever come out on vinyl?

No comments:

Post a Comment