Tuesday, April 20, 2010

REACT RECORDS SHOWCASE GOODIES







Ok the same weekend that I went to go see Muse in Vegas, the React Records showcase was being held in Berkley at Gilman St. React is run by my good friend Aram.
React is a great label, that have put out some pretty good releases from newer bands. Marlon picked me up the new full length from Get The Most. Band has members of Go It Alone, Blue Monday, and Lights outs. Its more in the vein of The First Step. Great debut full length, my only complaint is with the vocals. The recording makes the singer sound like he is 13 years old. his The singer's vocals on the ep's sound perfect. Also the layout and music are top notch.
Praise is from Maryland with Andy Norton on vocals. This is my favorite React band and I hope they play here soon. The artwork on the ep is done by Kevin Seconds and it looks great. It sounds like something that wouldve been released on Touch and Go in the late 80s and 90's. This is by far my favorite release on React.
Marlon also picked me up a Mindset t shirt as well. A simple but classic design. No evil images or all over print.
The thing I like about React releases are the inserts written by the band members, stickers, patches an of course the digital downloads. Do yourself a favor and pick up some of their releases.

No comments:

Post a Comment