Monday, April 5, 2010

FLOORPUNCH....BUST!













I first discovered FP when I ordered the "GROWING STRONGER" comp. 7" from Teamwork records back in '97, later I picked up the twin killing CD that evr put out. In '99 I had the pleasure of seeing FP on what would become their first and only tour in Cali. at the PCH club in Wilmington Ca. It was them, built to last, A18, no reply, and I think Carry on also(I can't remember but I do have the flyer somewhere in my room). Jon from Headline records loved FP too believe it or not because he tried to get them to play at his records store but they didn't have any dates available. Jon would also tell me that he had heard Porter had a bad temper(I later found out it wasn't true), so when I saw them play Porter punch some pc doughbag with the mic because they were there to cause trouble so Porter put that to rest. Later that night I was gonna tell Porter good set and blah blah, but still having what Jon had told me about Porter temper I just went my way. Good to know everything I was told was a lie and I actually got to talk to Porter and Bill at sound and fury '09, amazing dudes. Now, here's how I got my hands on the gold vinyl and all of the rest of them. So some dude on the livewire message board was selling his whole FP collection for like $800 or so a few years ago. Now I had the 7" on blue and red already and just needed the gold(since it was/is considered a holy grail in HC history) and the judge rip off cover and lp's(basically everything). So I offered him $700 which he said "cool" and the rest is history. Nice story, Yes? No?

No comments:

Post a Comment