Wednesday, April 14, 2010

BLINDSIDE, LET THE HATING BEGIN....

Ok, I first discovered this amazing vegan sxe band through very distro. after I picked up their 12" for cheap like $5 or so. I didn't know that Brett Barto from the infamous ATARI was in this band so that was a plus. After hearing this at first I wasn't that into it but I think I heard this like 3 times that week and after that it grow on me. I then found out they had a previous 7" on the same label 1124 records. I found one on ebay and won it for about $5, what a deal. I received it in the mail in what I thought was the result of bad packaging. It literary came in pieces, I was heart broken(believe me I was) and posted a pic on the Livewire board. Scott who released the records saw this and felt my pain(at least I hope he did) and emailed me to tell me he would send me another one. I was stoked as fuck, I couldn't believe that. Someone else, sorry I forgot how, also afford me a demo by the band and did in fact send it to me. I was on my way to collecting all of their records. I recently found a 12" on purple vinyl on ebay, I had no idea people knew about this band because I won it but for $33, jeez. I was kinda pissed but happy at the same time. Today 4/14/10 I received the 7" on RED vinyl in the mail thanks to Scott. It took a while but I finally got it. Now some people might hate this and say it sounds like crap(Early, etc...) but not in my ears, this sounds perfect. Now I'm known to listen to a lot of fast and youth crewish stuff but sometimes you gotta listen to something different. You can download the records here 1124 Records if you wanna hear what I hear.











No comments:

Post a Comment