Thursday, April 15, 2010

RIP Peter Steele January 4, 1962- - April 14, 2010





The last time I saw Type O Negative perform was @ The Bayou in 1995 in DC. They performed with Shelter and were actually pretty good live. Type O Negative first album sounds like it could have been a third Carnivore record.

My friends Dave and Nathan were the biggest Carnivore (Peter Steele's previous band) fans. Actually it was Dave who traded me a copy of Carnivore's first s/t record. Carnivore used to reunite once every few years and recently did a reunion tour on the east coast. Unfortunately I live on the West Coast. Bummer....


Per Peter Steele's Wikipedia page on religion.
“There are no atheists in foxholes, they say, and I was a foxhole atheist for a long time. But after going through a midlife crisis and having many things change very quickly, it made me realize my mortality. And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what’s after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it’s a frightening thought to go nowhere. I also can’t believe that people like Stalin and Hitler are gonna go to the same place as Mother Teresa."

RIP Peter Steele January 4, 1962- - April 14, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment